Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Stymied

I keep getting stymied by the weather.

Snow, wind, cold, etc is keeping me either A.  too busy helping keep cows and calves alive and snow shoveled. and B. not being able to even get to the loom because of snow.

This was yesterday .... Overnight the wind picked up and blew again.  Once again I can't get there without some major snow moving.  My brother has been moving snow since the 27th...

Each time I get up there, I try to spend a little time at the loom if the wind isn't actively blowing me in.

Purple corduroy mix is what went first on the this warp.

Then the reds corduroy mix.  There is alot of orange and other colors in here, too.  I wove one, and then it was a couple days before I got back and did a second one like this.

The snow... the snow... the snow....

A couple deer took shelter under the pines right behind the house.  They left soon after we started moving about in the house.


And this is what I finished up with yesterday while I was there.  I had to bust thru some pretty big scary drifts, but the wind was calm and I felt safe enough there for the moment.  These was twill pant material in black, tan, oranges and greens.  Not my usual mix of colors, but I think it works!

So tomorrow I will have to make a concerted effort to get thru the snow to the barn to check the horses, and hopefully I will get to weave the next two rugs that I have ready to go on the shuttles.

All for now,
JULIE



1 comment:

Hilary said...

and we have an inch......which we just barely got last night.......