Thursday, April 18, 2019

No weaving, again...

Once more I'm a frustrated weaver....

Last week winter came back.

South Dakota was closed for 2 1/2 days.  

When it finally stopped snowing, this is what my pickup looked like.





We had been steadily melting the record amounts of snow from winter, meaning we had leftover snow and LOTS of mud and muck.

Add 18 + inches of wet heavy snow and we were looking at more muck.

Then yesterday it RAINED.  All day.

So now we are VERY soggy :)

Because the road to my loom was soft, and this newest snow wouldn't be around much longer anyway, there is no reason to try to push snow to get there.  It would just make a bigger mess of the road. 

The snow is almost gone on the road, but I'm going to give it a couple days of sunshine to try to firm up.

Instead I've been once again prepping fabric strips.

I had picked up quite a haul of fabrics from a trip to where my son lives, as well as a box of goodies from Hillary.  I also have blue jeans to get processed.

I have a vendor event next weekend (27th).   I have plenty of inventory without worrying about producing more between now and then.

And today, we saw the sun shine.  Things might be finally looking up.

All for now,
JULIE


No comments: