Thursday, April 4, 2019

Tablerunner warp

As soon as I wove off the full wide warp that took too long to do, because of weather issues, I put on this warp....





It is comprised of natural and stripes of rust, heather and brown.

The plan is that it is neutral enough to work with many different wefts and I need to bolster my tablerunner inventory.

Some on this warp are...




Seven finished on the first batch that came off the take up beam.

Mostly in the tan, brown, yellow colorway, and now moving into some greens.

Yesterday didn't get to weave much as I was helping my brother in the cattle yard.  We sorted yearling calves into two pens, heifers and bulls.  Went well as soon as we figured out how to get them out of the pen... they figured we were in there with them to bring food, so they were bent on staying by the bunks.  Too tame, LOL.  We were trying to drive them out, but when we figured they would follow us into the alley, thats when they cooperated.

Yesterday I received notice that I was chosen to participate in a juried show coming up in June.  Arts in the Park - Aberdeen SD.

I have 3 shows confirmed. 

April 27 in Lake City SD... small local show for my local peeps.

June 1 & 2 at Fort Sisseton SD - One I've been doing for a while that is a good fit.

June 15 & 16 in Aberdeen as mentioned.

So I have 2 shows in June that will be big ones - 

Must weave!

All for now,
JULIE


No comments: