Monday, June 1, 2020

Not my style

I don't like fiddly things.

Busy work.

Focused repetitive work.

In other words I like to get in the groove and not have to think too hard!  :)   LOL

That's why I like making rag rugs. 

I don't HAVE TO measure to get a perfect size.

I don't HAVE to work with a pattern.

I don't HAVE to be perfect.

This whole rug goes against my grain.

I had to stop and start the two colors of weft....

I had to weave with a shot of warp in between each row to manipulate the warp color ....

And. It. Was. Hard.

:)

Several times I caught a mistake (missed doing the shot of warp between the weft)

Had to 'unweave'

That takes time.   It literally took me a week to weave this one rug!

I was SO NOT INTO IT...

I kept walking away.

It's finally done.  

I can move on to something I find more enjoyable.

It seems that alot of my daily chores these days are the NOT FUN variety!

All for now,
JULIE

1 comment:

Michelle said...

But it's such a PRETTY rug!