Thursday, January 7, 2021

Sophisticated

 Nothing about me is sophisticated.


                                       My upbringing, my day to day living, my sense of "style".

My rugs, most would say, aren't fancy either.

 

Many things that others would consider sophisticated or fancy,  I have to study to see if it is the real deal, before I find the worth in it....


                      Is the sophisticate really so much better than the 'not so sophisticated"?

I'm not one that follows the crowd, fashions, the latest thing that changes with the wind.


What really matters?  

What things look like, or sound like, or put on an act like?

I guess what I'm trying to say is even tho something may not be sophisticated by the culture at large, it doesn't mean that there isn't value and worth there. 

Look for the worth - don't be fooled by fancy words, actions, promises, manipulations- If you find worth somewhere, recognize it, support it, protect it. 


All for now,

JULIE



No comments: