Sunday, June 13, 2010

A day of rest...???

Sunday ~ the day most people think of as a relaxing day. 

The thing about not having a "regular" job is that I don't really have a schedule.  No real "deadlines".  I don't know when something HAS to be done, so I never feel like " I have time yet" to get things done. 

I've come to the conclusion that because of this, I have this panicked feeling that everything needs to get done ASAP.  I feel rushed all the time.  I think I need to be productive as much as possible. 

Weird, huh?

I don't know how long I can keep this up.  I'm tired.

I didn't let myself work on rugs today.  Instead I primed the new sheetrock in my entryway and tore off sheetrock where a new patio door is going to be installed.

Then I dug out my Structo Loom that has had a tablerunner languishing on it for awhile, and finished that up.  Wove it off and tied the fringes...I didn't make rugs, but I did weave.  Was that cheating?



The finished runner.  I still am not totally happy with rag tablerunners on the structo, so I'm going to do some other experimenting, instead. 

Try to find the true use for this little loom...






After that, I took out a quilt project.  I belong to a quilt group that recently had a "mystery" quilt challenge.  I decided to do it, just to DO something. 

I have trouble starting quilts, because I can't make up my mind which one to do.  This way, I didn't have to make that decision!

We got the last instructions this month, so the big stuff happened this time.



It's a lap or baby quilt.  Two colors, a light and a dark.  Got it all together and went to dig out some material for the back, and couldn't find any. 

Coulda swore I had some plain fabric just for quilt backs in my stash ~ but it's been awhile since I've sewn, so I'm guessing I used the last of it up and just don't remember. 

And, no, it's not like I have a huge stash and can't find it.  Only 2 totes, one for large pieces and one for scraps.  I looked in both, but no go.   Guess I'm going shopping.

I had also meant to go unpack my rugs and get them displayed in the store again, but didn't get there yet today.  I may go for a little bit - even tho I really don't feel like it.  If I don't, that means I have to go first thing in the morning...  So I think I'm gonna go.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

If you figure out how to get rid of the paniced - must get something done - feeling, let me know. I've been retired one year this week and I still am running around, trying to fit everything into one day, even when I don't have to. I'm ready to stop feeling rushed.

Darda said...

Cute runner...It looks so great in my living room! Put it on my blanket chest then perched a black, 3 candle holder on it. I love it!!!