Friday, June 11, 2010

Last minute production

I have everything packed for the craft fair tomorrow and it was too early to go to bed, so I went into my crap (craft) room and dug out the stuff to put together this purse.

The woven part has been hanging around for awhile, waiting for the "right" handles to show up.

Found them the other day when I visited the Salvation Army store.  Their purses that day were 59 cents each, and I got one free with any purchase.  I found 4 that I thought I would be able to salvage parts from. So, 4 purses for 1.77 plus tax.  About broke me :)

That's where these handles came from!  Tricky part is figuring out how to attach them easily, securely and attractively.

Then I added a belt buckle, also a thrift store find, and

Ta Da!   Finished purse.....

2 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love that purse !!! Hope you have a great day tomrrow !!! Sale alot !!! I know you will. Your things are great !!!

Sharon said...

Hmmm, you've given me something else to look for at Goodwill. Great idea! The purse looks terrific.