Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Not done yet...

showing you the runners that I finished up the other day!  :)

TR216  
29"x13"

This tablerunner is made out of some fabric that I tend to call burlap. 
It's not a true burlap in that it is not scratchy and smelly!

I found a bolt of this stuff at a junque shop and I assume it was probably originally for use in maybe furniture making?  Like under upholstery/over stuffing - or maybe on the underside of the furniture piece.  

Not sure exactly, but who knows - that's the nature of using found and secondhand materials!

Sigh... today was one of those days at work that makes me wish I could weave all day everyday and be able to support myself.  Today ranked up at the top of the "worst day at work, EVER" days.

And I used to work at a goose processing plant.  
Yup, worse than that.

No comments: