Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sigh...

Tired tonite. 

Well, we did get snow - and wind.
It was a trial to get to work yesterday morning at 4:30 am.  But I did it!  Also interesting to get home 11 hours later. Not sure how much snow we got, but it was alot.  And it was heavy.  And it is still a mess out there.

I had to run the snowblower... Through mud.  That was fun!  (sarcasm intended)

So the job seems to be going well.  The 10 hour day seems to pass way faster than my 8 hour at the call center.
Learned to drive a forklift!  Actually driving isn't that bad.  It's the putting cages full of heavy metal parts up on shelves 4 high that is kinda scary and nerve wracking, but if I take my time I can get it done.

Getting comfortable with the new coworkers.  I have to watch that I don't get to talking too much.  Work is pretty much my social life - being alone so much can make a person hungry for conversation.  Supervisors don't think a person can work and talk at the same time :)

Anyhoo...  tonite I put in a move (Twister) and sewed denim strips.  And then I ripped some more strips. 

And now it is past my bedtime. 

Goodnight everybody.  Time to hit the hay so I can get up at the buttcrack of dawn...

Julie

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hope the job sweetens up in the next weeks. A new job is just not fun, no matter where or what. That's been my experience - hoping the new wears off soon.