Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday rambling

My poor neglected loom....

New job kicked my butt this week.  55 hours.  The paycheck will be nice.

Imagine what my feet feel like.  I went from sitting on my behind all day everyday, to on my feet for 10+ hours a day at work.  Hope the feet get used to it!

Trying to take it easy today.  I was thinking it was later than it was, but I guess when you wake up at 4 (apparently my inner alarm clock has already adjusted itself...) the day is gonna be long!

Today I went thru a laundry basket of clothing that I had purged from my closet and drawers and sent them off to a womens shelter.  I found a wool sweater and that made me think of my stash I picked up to harvest yarn from for scarves.  I went and dug those out and found a couple that were knitted with finer yarns and decided to do some felting!

These felted nicely.  Now I've got some felted wool.  Not sure what I'll do with it yet.  Just playing at this point, I guess :)


I also worked at finishing up a judging kit I'm making for the 4-H judging schools.  
I'm behind.  It was supposed to be done on the 15th.  
Do you know how hard it is to make mistakes on purpose?  It's hard! 
I picked up these banks at a dollar store for a quarter a piece - glad I found something to do with them.  

It's starting to feel like spring.  It's been melting like crazy, but there is still alot of snow around.

It always looks so dirty this time of year.  It's amazing what shows up under the snow -- I'll give it a couple of dry days before I start picking up the accumulated dog poo. 

Sounds fun, doesn't it?

All for now.... Julie

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oddly, I too have identified sweaters that I will felt, only I haven't done it yet since I have decided what's next. Do something clever so I can copy you.