Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Finally some action

FINALLY, after many months, the real estate deal with my parents has gone through.

It took going to a credit union instead of a 'real bank' to get the deal done.  Too many regulations that discriminate against rural/farm/ranch type situations.

So now my parents, at 78 and 80 are finally out of debt.  Their many years of work don't show alot of financial rewards for their efforts, but they will be ok.

So now, my daughter and son in law - and me, are the owners of a house that has been long neglected in the maintenance department, and a small herd of cattle. 

We each have our horses that we brought to the table, and we go forward from here.

Daughter is working remotely part time for her prior employer as contract labor.

I'm working part time in town at a car parts store and weaving rugs, impatiently waiting for the craft fairs to start up again.

Son in law is taking care of cows that are just starting to calve, doing farrier work, some day work for neighbors riding young horses and cleaning up the place.

Today is a rainy dreary day -  I've been weaving as I always do - in my down times.   Morning before work, afternoons, evenings, etc.

Some bright color warp has me being creative....

Not my normal.. :)


Got some coordinating rugs here -  All bed sheets repurposed.

I've got a couple rugs made from old 'mexican' style blankets.  I kind of like these, but they sure are messy to work with.  Makes me sneeze, even with a face mask!

I even tried out a clasped weave, but I sure don't like the colors on this one - good thing there are many differing tastes in the world.  I'm sure someone will like it!

It's a very frustrating time for me -  I go to my job in town and listen to customers that come in brag about getting unemployment from the state, and another 600$ a week from the federal level on top of that.   That's more than they make normally - the other day I heard a guy get offered a job right in front of me ( well paying one, too) and he turned it down saying 'why not stay at home and get paid'?

Yet I don't qualify for anything to replace the lost sales from the cancelled events....

What to do, but cut back as much as possible and look to the future and hope they quit this nonsense and get back to living sooner than later.

All for now,
JULIE

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So thankful for some resolution in your lives!!! Beautiful rugs; weave on.