Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Hornworm green

What?

That's what this warp made me think of.

I don't normally go this bright, but in my search for weft materials, I stopped at a goodwill store.

Much to my surprise I found a bag of this warp.  All this green  (24 spools) and one lonely bright blue.  Unbelievably priced.   Low.  They didn't know what they had :)


It inspired me.  I added a bit of white, black and brown.   And it reminded me of those funny bright green worms that you find in the garden!

It's pretty bright, but it will add a little sparkle to the wefts I use.

Here are the first finishes....

This is all denim.  Three different greens plus browns, tans, taupes.   Makes for a very unique rug.



Then these matching rugs - I had a request for these colors - she gave me a photo of some flowers - and the size.  I think I have them sold to her.  We will see if we can close the deal this week.

Now I have the rest of the warp to figure out what to do with ---  I've found in my stash some bright lime green bed sheets and hope to mix it with some more sedate colors.  It will stretch my creative muscles I think.

Spring in my part of the world is resisting full implementation.  Again snow yesterday and today.  Downright cold, too.

It's the time of the year a person can get a little stir crazy anyway, and with all the places and things being shut down, it's even more so.

All for now,
JULIE



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay; unexpected blessings! Yes, it is the color of hornworms, but it makes VERY attractive rugs.