Saturday, March 13, 2021

First vendor event of 2021

Got thru the first event of the year.

Not that I did anything special to get ready for it -  lol.  

My "office" basket was stocked - including change box - from the last show.  It's so much easier to come home and do all the record keeping and accounting things when it's fresh in your mind.  And I'm always ready at the drop of a hat if a show sneaks up on me!

I did cut off all the rugs on my loom and finished them up this week.  I had lots of farm fresh items to take - and a lot of rugs that had only been to one or two small events last fall.   Fresh inventory.

 I'm currently weaving 18 inch wide mini rugs on the Union Loom and tablerunners on the FairLoom.  






 These are the mini rugs.  Sold the first one already.  It was a cute one.

So tonite when I drove into home at dark - I pulled my truck into the garage and decided I would unload tomorrow.  But I did sit down and do my normal end of show report.

That report has a list of all items sold, for how much, how much sales tax added and collected.

I also look back at what the booth cost and write that on it, along with any meals I purchased, a place for the credit card fees that I will get a total on tomorrow, and mileage driven.  

If I remember to do it, I even break down the tax into state, town and tourism - makes it easy when it's time to report and remit to the revenue service.


The next step is to take the sold items off the excel spreadsheet -  I can tell you how much inventory dollars I carry around....

Bank is on Monday - only one check-  it was a heavier than usual cash day, but about half my sales run thru the square app on my phone.

By Monday evening I will have everything ready for my next show in April - except for some new product that I am constantly producing.

Oh, and by the way, I sold 11 rugs, 3 tablerunners, and 9 mug rugs.

Respectable day.


All for now,

JULIE

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You run a tight ship! Glad you had a good first show.