Saturday, March 27, 2021

Searching for inspiration

 I have been struggling with this mini rug warp -

Inspiration wise that is...

I had some requests for this size to start with so that was fine, but when you have enough warp for over 30 rugs in this batch, it takes some imagination to fill it all up :)

What really helped, was the vendor show I was at a couple weekends ago.  Seeing what sold, and visiting with potential buyers that were looking for a certain something gave me some ideas.


This rug happened because someone was looking for a long narrow rug for 2 little girls bathroom vanity.  Not sure it will connect with that specific customer, but it used up some of the pink fabrics that I don't tend to use very often.


I sold the last of the 'dribs & drabs" rugs in my inventory at the show, too, so i went ahead and made some mini versions.  I can't believe how far those little bits of fabric go when weaving with them.  I had thought I'd would get one and a start of a second rug with the basket of leftovers, but I still have some left there!  I mostly used up the brighter stuff, so I left the remainder of that basket to grow again.

This rug is from pillowcases -one case filled out each color block here.

I used up the last bits of chenille blanket type fabric on this cute little rug.

This wasn't a leftover bit of fabric, it had just come into the stash and the dots on the blue matched some of the warp colors, so it was a perfect fit here.

Also made a few more black denims and there is another itty bitty rug from some random sheets fabric that matched the warp.

Now it's time to start on the next color run.  It will be in the browns color way.

I'm hoping the inspiration is stronger on this one - should be as I like the colors from nature.  I've said before my favorite colors are the ones that horses come in, like buckskin, chestnut, etc.

Also hoping to get a bit more time to weave... been spending a lot of my time taking my parents to doctor appointments and helping my mom care for my dad.  He has become extremely dependent, unable to walk at all.  Some days I have to stop and help get dad from point A to point B because mom is worn out. Mom is on oxygen and at times is short of air and energy to be able to help dad - Big changes are looming in regards to them - trying to figure it all out. 

All for now,

JULIE




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lots of pretty rugs! I'm the opposite; I only like shades of brown IN nature, not in clothes or decor.

Your parents sound like they are really struggling and will need much more help. I hope you can help them find the best solution/situation.